Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stay Glad, Dream Good.


Someone sent me this gem the other day, and it was too good not to share (though I know I'm not the first to do so). It's a two page selection from the journal of one of my heros - Woody Guthrie. Here are his new years resolutions for the year 1942 (click on the image to enlarge it).
As 2012 draws near, I find that most of these should be MY new years resolutions. Funny how in this technology filled world that Guthrie wouldn't even recognize, his own words and ideas of 70 years ago are still so relevant. I've always loved and respected his quest for optimism. Screw weight loss. Shouldn't we all be resolving to keep the hoping machine running, learn people, and stay glad?
I'd say so.

1 comment:

P H I L said...

I was also digging this list when i came across it last week. Good stuff.