Friday, January 14, 2011

Ryan Berkley for Sublime Stitching



Although I'm adamantly opposed to putting clothing on pets, I've always been a big fan of Ryan Berkley's animal paintings. I was pleasantly surprised to see him collaborating with Urban Outfitters a couple years ago (last year?) making printed pre-stretched versions of the paintings as affordable take-home art... and NOW I just saw that he's collaborated with Sublime Stitching to offer embroidery patterns of said paintings. Sublime Stitching patterns are an awesome way for artists to share artwork with the masses, with a quite literal DIY. Awesome for those starting out with embroidery that want to learn but aren't ready (or willing) to design their own. These in particular are some of the better patterns I've ever seen from collection! Go team!

No comments: