Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Simple Times


I'm sitting by a roaring woodstove in New Hampshire and trying to decide which is more funny: my new Amy Sedaris book or Mr. Sammy (the cat)'s fruitless attempts to court my parents cat Mabel, who is easily half his size but completely disinterested.
We had a blizzard yesterday, and unlike Baltimore which would have been crippled for about a week from this much snow, our town took about 6 hours to recover. Put on your boots and plow, salt, shovel, get back to what your were doing.
Meanwhile, I hiked down to the connecticut river yesterday in the snow, and realized I'd forgotten what the word "cold" actually means.

It's been so nice to have a little time away from the normal routine this week. As soon as I'm back, I'll be kicking it into high gear to prep for POOL Tradeshow in Las Vegas in February - (a trip we're pretty excited about here on the Prairie) and I can't wait to show off the new line for 2011. Lots of new styles coming in this year.

But for one more day, I think I'll put on my new christmas snowpants and tromp around a bit in the woods. So much as I feel like a Baltimorean, this still feels like home.

No comments: