Monday, May 24, 2010

"The End"



Get it? LOST finale reference to woo you to read further? huh? huh?
Over coffee this morning, we here at RPP have been discussing NOT the island, or black smoke monster, or Jack Shephard, but the discontinuation of our Gentlemen's Tshirt line. in order to make space for better selling products like women's & children's clothing and possibly some new things, like prints on paper, we're wondering if we should liquidate for change. As I looked through our show sales records from the past two years this week, I realized we sell 1 men's tee for every 40+ women's tees and about the same ratio for men's to children's. Our internet history is about that as well. Not so good for the men's tees! I love offering something that EVERYONE can wear, but if it's not what the majority of people want, then I will continue my search to discover what it is you DO want.
Would love to hear your opinions! (on what you want to see from Red Prairie Press, not the LOST finale, you nerd).

Thanks to all who came out this weekend to Handmade Mart. We had a fantastic show, and so much fun in Silver Spring!
I'm taking today semi-off to rest up and clean the house a bit. When you work from home, busy times equal little to no separation of work & life... thus creating an intervention-worthy pile of bins & bags & tshirts in our living room, tape guns in the kitchen, and stacks of papers in our bedroom.

4 comments:

P H I L said...

you know what i'm going to say about this so i'll spare you for now.

Red Prairie Press said...

ha! i also knew you'd be the one to answer about it.
if only there were 100 more of you....per show.....per hour.

Angie said...

Hey, I'm wearing a red prairie boy t-shirt right now! I might have to raid the stock before they go away. There are moments when girly t-shirts are just not appropriate (like waxing sculpture). However, I suppose that I understand the economics of it all!

P H I L said...

guess i'll just have to buy all of your gent stock. ...and by all, i mean three.