Friday, May 22, 2015

Rewind: Wye Oak - Glory

Today in my Facebook feed, up popped a music video I helped casually on, more than a year ago. I was so happy to see it again after a year, and I wondered if I ever shared it here on the blog. Directed by talented friends (Ashley North Compton and Michael O'Leary) and featuring the music of talented friends (Wye Oak), this video shoot was one of the most fun weekends I've ever had, and made me crave more time on film sets. Phil and I built & gathered props in the art department, and although he teaches film, and has worked on plenty shoots - this was among my first experience being on a more formal shoot (ie: with a crew, a plan, a timeframe, and people with titles)... I have a new respect for anyone who does this or any film job full time. It is exhausting and rewarding and exciting and I want more. Love this video for it's stylization and strange suburban creepiness, don't you?

No comments: