Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Skill Share




I heard someone describe a mutual friend the other day as "...a deep deep well." Meaning he has so much knowledge on so many things, and so much experience... you just can't imagine it all at once.
Sometimes I get so caught up in running a business - the bookkeeping, the packing, the folding, printing, shipping, invoicing, errand running, planning, designing, redesigning....  that I forget what I do is actually quite fun, and takes (albeit, easily achievable) actual skill & knowledge and physical strength. To invigorate my memory, and blow off some steam from a very difficult few weeks in the studio... I invited some friends over for a late night printing lesson last week. Everyone got to make their own one-of-a-kind tshirt and learn the basics of my job. Really fun to be with friends, and see how everyone used the 3 screens we set up differently. On top of that - really uplifting to be able to show people in my life what it is I do every day, and see their excited reactions to it. If only my studio was always this full of beautiful witty women and fresh cocktails............. I guess this would then be the set of mad men?
I'll stick to daily overindulgence of coffee, and an uptick in planned bouts of skill sharing. Luckily, I have surrounded myself with some deep wells of knowledge - on many subjects besides screen printing.

No comments: