Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Red Prairie Press at Double Dutch Boutique!

Dear Baltimore,
Get your excitement face ready! It's time to tell you about a great partnership between this little clothing line and our favorite women's clothing shop in Baltimore!
Introducing: RED PRAIRIE PRESS POP-UP SHOP at DOUBLE DUTCH BOUTIQUE!!
Now through the Holidays, you can get a full range of Red Prairie Press apparel at Double Dutch Boutique in Baltimore! I'm thrilled to be partnering with this fantastic store - constantly voted BEST OF BALTIMORE (including 2013) by City Paper and Reader polls! Double Dutch was one of the very first shops to ever sell our line almost 8 years ago. They tolerated me showing up at the counter in paint covered overalls with a cardboard box full of poorly printed shirts, and walked me through how to set up a wholesale linesheet without patronizing me. As we grow as a company, and as Double Dutch digs in their heels & lends guidance to other new businesses in a rapidly expanding neighborhood, I'm so pleased to still work with these gals. It makes me feel like I live in a place where things can get done easily, and if you are willing - there are people to help you get them done. This "pop-up shop" is just an old wooden cart in a small independent boutique in a medium sized city. I've had bigger wholesale accounts than this one. I've set up more elaborate displays of our clothing line, in more ridiculous places. But after 8 years of hard work, and great relationships with the people who really have pulled us along... I can't help feeling like this wooden cart represents something slightly bigger to me. It is movement, exposure, and a really fun partnership. DIY opportunities. Collaboration indie style. So very perfectly Baltimore.

DOUBLE DUTCH BOUTIQUE
1021 W. 36th St. Baltimore, MD
Monday - Thursday 11:00 - 6:00, Friday & Saturday 11:00 - 7:00,  Sunday 12:00 - 5:00.

No comments: