Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Round of Applause.


Speaking of Crafting an MBA blog (what is this, a fan page?) - I just saw this video of Megan Auman doing a 5 minute presentation for "Ignite Baltimore" (a mini-lecture series in Baltimore, in which people present on basically whatever they want, in 5 min increments). She's talking about shopping local and the Baltimore craft scene, and at one point she mentions the craft mafia shows - Holiday Heap and Pile of Craft - and they get applause. It's not raging, or raucous, but it's applause. From a crowd. For something I care about. I can't remember something so small ever making me feel so proud before, but to know that a range of people from all over Baltimore knew what she was talking about and applauded makes me happier than you can imagine.

Maybe this series should be called "Ignite Rachel" instead.
Back to work I go.

No comments: