Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Recap


Oh Snaz. it's summer. It's at least 705F degrees here in Charm City right now. Laundry is being baked to perfection hanging out on the line, there are fans blasting at Phil and I - two each (the plug-in kind, not the admiring kind), we're working hard on our respective projects in our respective studios sipping blueberry, banana, yogurt & cold coffee smoothies (don't knock it till you've tried it) refusing to admit to ourselves that we should probably carry the window AC units up from the basement and we'd collectively stink a lot less. I'm enjoying having another human in the house working during the day (note to self: teachers get OFF all summer! Phil is having FUN!)
Had a great weekend despite the heat. Ultimate Happiness craft fair was a blast, I got to roast marshmallows two nights in a row, visited honfest briefly, and got the very rare treat of seeing my pals Walker & Jay play some old timey music last night at the Windup Space. Outstanding, as always. And I even managed to stay awake and out past midnight without turning into a sweaty little pumpkin.
This week I'm kicking myself in the butt and getting to work on a very exciting project to be finished in September. More on this later. But maybe you can start your guessing from these reference photos I took this morning, high fiving myself. (if you know - don't give it away!)
HINT: it's not a self help book. Though if I wrote one, this would be the cover. And it would likely be the most helpful part. I can't help you if you can't help yourself, Champ.

Go Get em.

2 comments:

Christine Buckton Tillman said...

high fiving yourself!
that's like my dream.
i want to know more.

P H I L said...

live performance of an upcoming painting?