Monday, April 26, 2010

Yakety Yak...


Get it? Coasters reference? witty? maybe not, if I feel the need to explain it, huh?
Anyway, I love THESE new coasters from The Broken Plate right here in Bmore. All made of recycled vintage plates. Smashed by hand, and ground into smooth square perfection w/ a cork back. Ready to keep your hot casserole dish from burning the picnic table, and your mojito from sweating a ring on the coffee table. See you at your potluck this weekend!
(No, yeah... I'm sure my invite was just lost in the mail... yeah, no problem... no it's cool. I'm kinda busy that day anyway so... you know, I'll just buy the one coaster...)

Had a great weekend in NYC, saw some great art, went shopping, ate & drank too much, got my butt kicked running with a cousin who runs a lot faster and farther than I do... and enjoyed gawking at fashionable New Yorkers doing their weekend thang. Even though I didn't get into the Tim Burton exhibit (sold out through the end of the show), I got into MoMa Friday for free and saw The Artist Is Present (Marina Abramovic) exhibit as well as the Henri Cartier-Bresson photographs. Definitely both worth the whole trip. Very inspiring.

No comments: