Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THIS THING WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!


Okay, actually, it will probably look pretty boring to you, because chances are, you have no idea what it is. But here's what it ISN'T: Something that will spark & smoke and potentially set my house on fire like its short-lived predecessor.
After a mere three weeks beyond the day it was supposed to arrive, and after arriving in parts all this week, in a great number of separate sneaky little deliveries, UPS managed to get the last of the boxes to my doorstep this evening without FULLY puncturing the heavy box through the screen door it was leaned into. Judging by how cranky the UPS guy looked on the first day they started coming (when he delivered me 5 tiny wheels in a box, all by their lonesome), I assume the delivery people are actually working pretty hard these days.
SO, My only reasonable theory for the delay is that UPS trucks are simply allergic to snow, and couldn't come out until now. That, or they're made of chocolate and there was severe risk of freezerburn driving around the unplowed streets, but I think that's probably far fetched, since they arrive fine in the dead heat of summer and don't seem to be melting. I'd say they were backed up, and just delivering to all the OTHER people who were ordering things before the snowstorm... but no one I know personally has seen a UPS truck they were expecting either. Do you?
No matter. We all survived somehow without our boxes of things. And I was so excited to see that final box propped into the middle of the screen on our screen door that I didn't even mind the dent, and I stayed up until 1am last night putting it together.
"But GET TO THE POINT! What does it DO!!???" -you probably just shrieked into your iphone, while waiting in line at the library- Well, I'll tell you! (but please turn off your iphone right after, because no one is that important, and neither is this blog.) Ready!?

Well... It will flash cure the ink onto your tshirt, so that it won't wash out in the washing machine.

also, it will burn your arm pretty decent, if you're enough of a putz to lean against it for longer than a couple seconds.... so I'm... uh...told.

No comments: