Monday, March 2, 2009

March Madness


March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.
Today, the lion was full of snow, and it exploded on Baltimore.

I waited unsuccessfully for the light rail southbound for 48 minutes this morning, before sneezing and coughing my way home to complain to Phil and guilt him into driving me. As a self-proclaimed southerner, I refuse to drive in snow, and he was home sick and (sort of) available.
When we got outside for the second time, the young girls of our neighborhood (for some reason, the girl to boy ratio on our block is about 10-1) were all off of school, and for lack of sleds to entertain them, they had shoveled the entire block, and were still at it. A beautiful thing. Good kids. Always said so.

Now we're home again and wrapped in blankets, drinking tea and hard at work on the wholesale catalogue and getting better, respectively. Whew. Not sure I'm still equipped with thick enough skin to endure cold weather like this.
Here's the view from the office today. Ye olde salt box has seen a lot of action today, and apparently, the stop sign saw some action last night.

3 comments:

Ali D. said...

doesn't make sense -- aren't you from NH?

Had dinner with the HI guy (and others) on Sunday night, told him about yer blog. so there! let's have coffee soon...

Red Prairie Press said...

It's true. I am. but I think I'm from NC at heart.

Carly said...

I feel you, Rachel. I thought I was from MA, but I think I'm from Mississippi, really. We've been sort of parallel blogging lately, btw. Funny...