Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mrs. Pacman


You might want to sit down for this, as I know it will be a shocker. A couple weeks ago, Angie brought me to the back of Joe Squared, where I played my very first game of Pacman. It's one of those things that you're sure everyone did at least once or twice back in the 80's but then you find the one exception (me). I have a friend who's never heard of The Princess Bride, and another who hadn't seen The Goonies, and then DISLIKED IT when forced to watch it at age 25 for the first time...and I bet there are 20-somethings out there that have never consumed a pop-rock or a jolly rancher, though I don't know them personally. Somehow, I'd never played pacman. Verdict? It was great! Viva Pacman!!
In any case, the above is not a cake wreck, but it's from the blog "cake wrecks" which I found out about from Shannon of Sweet Pepita. Judging by the number of comments left on most of their posts, I guess most people already know about Cake Wrecks, but I couldn't resist re-posting these anyway. A nice tribute to a nice new game. er..... old old old game.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely time for you to go see The King of Kong now! :)

Check these out too:
http://www.snackordie.com/2008/07/pacman_and_ghost_sugar_cookies.html

Unknown said...

My childhood popculture omission? I've never seen Star Wars. Any of them... Am I missing much?

-phu