Friday, March 28, 2008

Red Prairie Press DOT Etsy DOT com



It's finally Friday, after a seemingly extra long week this week, I thought I'd give a peek at my slowly evolving Etsy Shop!I've been trying to build up the shop with all of the apparel available on my site, so that online shoppers have an alternate place to purchase it all. Sometimes word of mouth just isn't enough, and Etsy is a great way to get people familiar with your business just by coming across it randomly. Also cool: Most people see from my Etsy shop that I have a website, and come by and explore that too, which is great. For those that would rather stick to Etsy, because it's already trusted, now we have that option too. Plus, it feels good to be associated with all the other great artists, crafters and designers selling on Etsy. It seems everyone who's anyone has a shop. Is that a good thing? I'm not sure. You can certainly waste hours searching for nothing in particular on Etsy. There are a million ways to find treasures, and the fine folks behind the site really make an effort to fairly showcase as many different artists as possible. There are THOUSANDS of shops on Etsy.com, and maybe I'm just adding to the chaos...but I really do love the way everything is set up, and how you can pick "favorite" vendors and items... and read articles on everything from taxes to weddings. Nice.

No comments: