Thursday, January 30, 2014

NEW SHOP! The Joshua Tree


On a recent trip to Wholefoods in Mt Washington, Phil and I spotted by a new shop (turns out, not new at all) called The Joshua Tree, which sells organic, eco friendly, sweatshop free apparel. I dragged him in and was delighted to meet the owner Joshua, who offered us tea, and ended up talking to us for an hour about sustainable materials, which is the single subject I've been thinking about this year. An hour later, Joshua was our friend and new wholesale customer, and he's starting with carrying our eco-blend pullovers. So great to get encouragement for my new endeavors as I push hard to create more sustainable pieces for my line. I move the remainder of my studio into the new space this weekend, and then off to NYC for a few days to scout out materials and possible collaborators for product development. Can't wait! In the meantime, check out this store! The Joshua Tree 1340 Smith Ave Baltimore, MD 21209

No comments: