Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baker Artist Awards

One of my favorite things that happens in the art world of Baltimore is the Baker Artist Awards website. Don't get me wrong, I'm also thrilled the website is linked to awards with huge sums of money, and that we're all eligible to win them... but I think I love the community built by the website the most. Artists of all mediums can upload their work (Films, Visual Art, Music, Writing, Dance...) and it's this all inclusive extreme database of creative work happening in and around Baltimore, that we all have easy access to. I'm working on updating my own "nomination" (calling it a nomination feels a little self-indulgent/goofy to me, as everyone "nominates" him/herself... but I'm mostly just confused if I should write in first or third person). You can also curate your own virtual art show by choosing "favorites" which is one of my favorite ways to procrastinate doing my taxes this week! Hoping all my fellow Baltimore artists are getting their work up on this site if they haven't already (Nominations are due 1/16/13 I believe), and taking advantage of such a great resource. This foundation is so much more than its massive cash awards! So inspiring to see all the work being made in our fair city!

No comments: