Friday, April 5, 2013

Don't Call me Honney

I've been a fan of Andrew Liang's work since his infectious show at the Windup Space a few years ago in Baltimore at which the entire art community went bonkers snatching up his (SUPER affordable) huge collection of weird jigsaw cut ocean animals in a matter of hours. His work is the sort of thing I really long for in Baltimore - fun, quirky, digestable yet very purposeful art. He's part of a show opening tonight at MICA called Don’t Call Me Honney - A show about Baltimore, curated by the new online illustration gallery Eyra... which I've only found out about moments ago, so I can't explain it but I'm intrigued.
Illustrators in the show along with Liang are Christopher Adams, Cornel Rubino, Julianna Brion, Janna Morton, and Jun Cen.
Seems like one not to be missed, and you can stop by BEFORE heading to the Out of Order show at MAP tonight! This opening starts at 5pm and ends at 7, when OOO starts up!

Friday, April 5 at the MICA Studio Center from 5- 7PM. 131 W. North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 

No comments: