Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pasta-matic


Here is some proof that occasionally, things are made here at Red Prairie Press that don't involve tshirts. But when that happens, it's definitely food that's being made. We had two types of ravioli going last night - Squash with walnut/mint/creme sauce, and Spinach/Ricotta with spicy tomato olive oil. A couple pals stepped in to make it go smoothly.

Although Baltimore has a bustling little Italy, full of fancy restaurants - I've never found one that satisfied me as much as the food we make at home. Maybe it's because in the US, Italian restaurants evolve around meat and marinara sauce, and aren't exciting for a vegetarian. Or maybe it's just that I haven't found the right one yet. But I think I prefer making my own anyway. There's nothing better than making big piles of food and drinking wine with your friends.

No comments: