Friday, April 8, 2011

Liberation By Design

UPDATE: Bids are now online - you can bid on this dress HERE!
Liberation By Design
April 9th - 5pm
Silk Road Cafe-Mattin Center
Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus
N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

I'm so pleased to have taken part in this project with John's Hopkins University!
Liberation By Design - A challenge in which 12 designers were given a "Little Black Dress" which we were told to alter & embellish according to our own artistic vision. So, in typical Red Prairie fashion, I chose to screen print bicycling ladies and feathers all over it (in addition to trying my hand at sewing, and altering the sleeves into capsleeves). The dresses will be on display in a fashion show featuring JHU students as models tomorrow night (Saturday), and afterwards for sale in an online auction. (Visit the project's Facebook Page for up to date info on where to buy my dress or others).

The proceeds of the online auction will go to the Women's Housing Coalition.
I hope you can make it out, and I hope you snag a dress for a good cause!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ha! I saw a strange photo shoot happening by the staff entrance at work and now I realize what was going on! I recognize that building.

Angie said...

and cute dress!!