Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap




A lovely time had by all in Philly this weekend at Art Star Craft Bazaar. Although Phil and I spent a fair amount of Saturday & Sunday battling the Philadelphia winds and willing our tent not to fly into the Delaware river and chance crossing into NJ without any hairspray or a sparkly name necklace on, we still had a swell time! We met LOADS of new friends, spent quality time with each other as well as with some favorite Printmaking Pals and sold so many shirts that we're wondering what we'll sell next weekend in Silver Spring! Eep!
We also got the annual privilege of staying with some of Chadd's Ford's finest, our buddies Jon & Nogeeshik - who recently erected their very own chicken coop from the remains of a fallen barn on their farm, and who live in a Utopia of farming, flowers, family, animals, vegetables, music and nature. After an exhausting weekend of selling tshirts in the city, we packed up the car and headed back to our friends for one final night. They live on a peony farm, and there was a neighborhood/family cocktail party in the peony field, and we were greeted with wine and snacks and a bouquet of flowers. This morning, we were shipped off with two boxes full of new plants for my garden, and a bouquet of the best smelling peonies I've ever had in my car. Not too shabby.
Back in Baltimore, it's drizzling and cool, but the office windows are open (just kidding, there's only one window. I don't know why I pluralized that...but I bet you were jealous for a second), the churchbells are chiming and I'm running credit cards to the entertainment of my book on tape. The summer has begun, and my weekends belong to craft. I really and truly can't complain.
Thanks to all who came out for a FANTASTIC show this weekend, and to the Art Star gals for all their hard work.

1 comment:

Canadian Kristin said...

Greetings from British Columbia, Canada! Stumbled across your Etsy site and thought I'd take a boo at your blog, peak into your life a little! I love your rant about the yellow shirt being discontinued: a big part of shopping Etsy is knowing the designer or creator of a piece, so to hear your woes just made your pieces all the more special... I can see how much a labour of loving creativity your items are! ...here's hoping you only have good luck with suppliers from this point foreward!!!