Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coming soon! Summer! Fun!


I love this time of year because I get busy again with wholesale, with online orders, and with preparing for spring & summer craft fairs. On top of all this, I also usually get the most commission orders this time of year - which makes for legit workdays for the first time since Christmas!
One of my favorite commission customers, who I've been working with since the very beginning, is GLI, or Girl's Leadership Institute. Not only are the ladies that run this camp a pleasure to work with, but their programs are inspiring and exciting. They give girls a personal foundation of assertive self-expression, emotional intelligence and conflict management skills for success in leadership and life, and they are run all over the country. Young women are encouraged to take exciting risks, improve their communication and relationship skills, and most of all, to be their smart, joyous, beautiful selves.
As someone whose only experience with camp is tennis camp, and a crappy girlscout day camp (in my parents' defense, I was too shy, and refused to attend an actual overnight camp) I have to say, I'm totally jealous of these girls.

For more info on GLI and their programs, visit www.girlsleadershipinstitute.org

No comments: