Friday, October 24, 2008

Pastabilities


This past weekend was special because we had some free time, which lead to a few good people coming over, and helping with the production of two of my favorite foods. Linguini and Ravioli. I got up early and made pesto with the basil in our backyard, then went to the farmer's market for some essentials (fresh sage, garlic, eggs). The Ravioli filling was a savory garlic & sage butternut squash goulash, made with a squash "imported" (by us) from the southern NH garden of my in-laws.
It's been a long time since I've had so much fun, and spent so much time on a meal. Phil made the butter walnut sauce to go on the ravioli, Store Phil and I took care of the ravioli themselves (see our awesome long strips waiting for the official ravioli chopper: A juice glass). Linguini hung over every chair in the kitchen waiting to be boiled, cheese was consumed in mass quantities during the (kinda long) wait, and by the time we were done, there were aproximately 300 pounds of pasta for each of us, and we had all had too much wine. Amazing. Good food with good people. Try it sometime. (Thanks Jen for the photos)

3 comments:

P H I L said...

that was some serious pasta. i will now to turn to you for all my pasta needs. great food + great friends = perfect. this should be a 'group'.

Jennifer said...

Here here!! I'm still full!

Jennifer Bone said...

I'm jealous--looks soooo yummy.