Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Portland Recap















Kayaking in Shelton, WA
Mid-day bonfire at high tide, Shelton, WA
Drinking Fountain Built for two, Portland, OR
7-Up building and Screenprinted Posters- Portland
The most lovely shop sign I've ever seen (front & back)- Portland
View of Portland from inside a Stumptown Coffee shop
The breakfast I ate every morning in Portland. (my coffee is the white one, the darker is that of a true West Coaster)
Daffodils in Portland
Touching the Pacific Ocean (the beach where Goonies was filmed)
$3 Beer Theater (you buy a pitcher of beer and a pizza at the theater, and bring it with you. We saw Sweeny Todd)
Anti-Gentrification Sign in Alberta (Portland)
Walking from a friend's "bayshore" home in Washington to the beach at low tide
Clamming on that very beach (the Kayaking was done the next day)
Post-clamming view of the bay at low tide

These are just some of the many many things I saw in Portland, Oregon and Shelton, Washington, the coast of Oregon and a few places in between.
It seems I missed photo ops of a few of the most awe-inspiring things... (The Biz Ladies meetup put on by Design Sponge, The large bookstore, more great hand-painted signs, most of downtown portland, the river, the mountains, moss covered trees, all of Olympia...) but maybe I was just busy drooling over everything, and buzzing on coffee (that's right...I failed quitting coffee. At least on the west coast). But I had a good time, reunited with some family and friends that I hadn't seen in a long long time, and learned why the entire east coast has flocked to Oregon. It truly is beautiful, albeit being really really moist.

2 comments:

Nichim said...

I'm so glad you visited the place I call home now, and it's so great to see you so full of joy. Too bad you couldn't stay for the plum and cherry blossoms coming up. - Cousin Sarah
PS Coffee is bad!

Red Prairie Press said...

I'll be back soon. with phil. No doubt in my mind.